Monday, June 18, 2007

On exams and ennui.....

Let us get very frank, exams do not mean anything to me these days. They seem rather clichéd and boring. I am getting immune to such little farces. Cold indifference has taken the place of pre-exam blues. In dime stores and in stations, people talk of situations, read profound-looking books and write quotations, to get through, just through.

Autumns ago, I used to get annoyed, out of sheer ennui. Now, I do not give a damn.

Today was my first exam of the final semester and, well, I am not going to fail in it. I was as unprepared as a piece of new willow, but Chandreyi was there and I scraped through, with more than liberal help from her. It was not a particularly pleasing experience. I hate copying. Call it a cyber-confession, or anything you like.

Except some wonderful moments of real camaraderie, today’s exam was quite a drab one, as usual. We all have exchanged a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in “the cage”.

I wish you were here, oh how I wish you were here!

2 comments:

Landry, Renée, and Baby Girl!!! said...

you have interesting views, if you don't mind my saying so. just dropping by...or intruding...however you want to look at it.

Phoenix said...

hahah...copying willingly and yet guilt...so hypocritical...hehehe