Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Freedom thou art but an illusion!

When bullets sing hymns to praise our spineless existence, when genteel lines take the form of a wrinkled prostitute, when corporate indifference makes you shiver inside your three-piece, you lose your dignity to live as a human being.
You try to retrieve the humane values, you try to rekindle the old flame with a serendipitous commitment. Even the most introvert of them all throws a clenched fist towards the sky and utters his conviction aloud to protest against fascism.
And only yesterday, I have been categorically told by one son-of-a-bitch that I won’t be allowed to join today's rally. I could have thrown my resignation letter on his face, I could have beaten him all black and blue.
Instead of all that, I had to keep my mum as you can’t really resign without a two-month notice, and after all, you argue only with people who have a heart beneath their customary exterior.
I shall quit this job exactly after two months. But, that’s not why I am writing this post. I would like to see everybody joining the rally and make full use of their vocabulary.
We'll fight together. It is not roses, roses all the way.

3 comments:

Sham Saha said...

Freedom - illusion!!! Adding to this what comes in my mind as it has never been in existence in real sense,a mere myth just like thousands other hell sort of myths in our POOR country.
Though I am far away from the heat still I feel the problem is that people cannot differentiate two simple near words - "Compromise" and "Surrender".

Avi said...

now i understand why you left your company

Minko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.